Natural breast pumping
The emotional closeness and the bond between mother and baby during breastfeeding are very special. It is no wonder, then, that mothers are reluctant to place their trust in a breast pump. But when direct breastfeeding is not possible or the mother is experiencing difficulties, switching to a breast pump might be very helpful.
With Symphony, Medela has developed a clinically researched breast pump that mimics the natural sucking behaviour of infants at the mother’s breast to initiate milk production in the first few days after birth and to optimise milk output during established lactation.
Benefits of Symphony breast pump
Symphony features Medela’s initiation technology and 2-Phase Expression technology, comes with overflow protection and is equipped for double and single pumping.
- Helps initiate lactation when using the INITIATE program
- Assists mothers to build and maintain their milk production when using the MAINTAIN program
- Particularly gentle on extremely sensitive breast tissue
- Alleviates symptoms of engorgement and helps heal mastitis
- Brings out flat or inverted nipples
- Easy to use and pleasingly quiet operation
Benefits of double pumping and 2-Phase Expression technology
- Time saving – more milk in less time
- Maintains milk supply when direct breastfeeding is not possible
- Milk has higher energy content – especially beneficial for preterm infants
- Comfortable and efficient